Wednesday 4 June 2014

REVIEW: SIMPLYSLICK personal lubricant by SIMPLYSOLUTIONS



Have you ever found yourself lusting after a lube that doesn't leave you sticky, dry or irritated? We're all different and so we all react differently to the various lubricants available on the market - but thanks to SIMPLYSOLUTIONS, our quest to find the perfect lube is now over (if it does what it says on the bottle!). 

It was a dreary morning when I woke up to the postman banging on my front door a couple of weeks ago. What I thought was going to be a miserable day turned into a rather interesting one as I opened the door to a small blue package. I was certain I hadn't ordered anything and even though I was rushing out the door to get to work on time I couldn't resist opening it up to see what it was. 

SIMPLYSOLUTIONS is a company based in the US which upholds the value of women's intimate health above everything else in their products. The tagline of their SIMPLYSLICK personal lubricant; 'The lube that's good for you.' couldn't be more true, according to what it says on the bottle. I was lucky enough to get sent a bottle to try out and review for you guys...

Expectations...
The company is absolutely pushing for the niche market of female intimate health, and they've put out a good product for it. They say: "our company believes women should have the right to choose what goes into their bodies" - and obviously we agree with them, we should have that right. The market for lubricants is very often only aimed at men, but it's safe to say that a lot of women will be snatching this lube up as soon as they can, because with that kind of ethos, they've got us hook, line and sinker. 



The package I received came with a personal letter from the company. It tells you all about SIMPLYSOLUTIONS' standing point on lube and what constitutes a healthy lube, as well as the success of SIMPLYSLICK so far.
I had high expectations for this product and it didn't disappoint, here's why...


Packaging...
What's inside the bottle is almost as important as the way it arrives. First off, I was happy to see that SIMPLYSOLUTIONS have followed in the footsteps of many a sex-toy company and opted for discreet, plain packaging. This is perfect if you share a house or flat with others and want to keep your private life, well, private. Instead of a packet, however, the lube arrived in a plain blue tube (no slogans, no obvious pictures) which - as the letter told me - saves on packaging. So we're essentially looking at a Super-lube that is also eco-friendly. Blair = impressed. 



I opened the main tube to find another small package with a blue and white, elegant design with a pretty loveheart pattern printed on it. The blue and white colours instantly reminded me of water, cleanliness and hygiene, which fits in perfectly with the company's motto. 



The package included a cute little business card too, which had the company logo on it, a thoughtful inclusion if you ever need to get in touch with the company. 



It also comes with a fun, promotional flyer with the slogan "We've got your vagina covered.". Despite the image of the company being very medical and health-focused, they've cleverly managed to keep the tone light-hearted and flirty with this flyer. On the back there's a 'love story' detailing how a chemist once fell in love with a woman but couldn't bear for her to use any lube with toxic elements in it, so developed 'SIMPLYSLICK', a personal lubricant which is as healthy and natural as the activity it was made for. 



"We're shaking things up" - we're warned in the letter and on the flyer to ensure we shake the bottle before use, as one of the benefits of this healthy lube is that is contains no binding agents, which simply means it needs a good shake before things get slippery. 

Product...
The SIMPLYSLICK lube is clinically confirmed as the world's only lubricant that inhibits the growth of yeast and microorganisms through use. This is a healthy choice for us ladies. An overabundance of either yeast or microorganisms in our vagina can so quickly throw off the delicate balance of bacteria we need and hence create infections. Yucky. 

SIMPLYSLICK is proven to rid us of that kind of overabundance. Additionally, it's safe to use with latex and non-latex condoms. The lube is designed to stay on the surface it is applied to and not absorb into the skin, meaning that a little goes a long way. 



The lube is completely free of fragrances, parabens, propylene glycol, hormones, silicone and petroleum ingredients. Can we just take a minute to consider the fact that there are petroleum ingredients in some of the lubes we're putting not only ON our most treasured friend but also INSIDE her?

You can even clean your sex-toys with it.

Own experience...
The lube is very (and of course, naturally) white in colour, and very runny. Mr. S and I thought it resembled cum or saliva more than it did lube due to the consistency of it. It even looks like a natural kind of liquid! The white quickly turns clear during use. 

I personally found this lube an absolute dream to use, both during and after sex. 

It is VERY liquidy, and the thin formula made it feel so much more natural than some other lubes which have more of a gel-like consistency. We found that we needed a generous amount though, probably because of it's thinness. 



It proved enjoyable for us both - I used it on Mr. S during foreplay and again, due to the consistency, he commented that it felt like a very sloppy blowjob, which he likes. Oral-wise... it's odd because it does and doesn't have a taste. I can't think of anything it tastes like but there is a certain flavour to it. It's not horrendous, but it's not sweet or tasty as of course, there are no perfumes. Can't have it all!

We could tell when it had dried up a little and needed to apply more, and I was happy to see I wasn't sticky at all! My skin didn't feel gummy so I had no qualms about using copious amounts. 

Afterwards... some lubes have irritated my skin after sex (even after a cool shower I've had some serious irritation) which is so unpleasant. We used this 3 times across a week and not once did it agitate my skin at all. I think this aspect of lubes is often overlooked as most companies think the most important factor is the ability to lubricate during sex, but it makes such a difference to the whole experience knowing I won't be agitated afterwards and just makes me want to use this lube more often knowing that it's kind to my skin. 


Ladies, if I were you, I'd nab this one asap. 
Boys, if I were you, I'd highly recommend doing your girl a favour and maybe taking one for the team this one time - get a lube that she'll love. 

Love, Blair xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to talk to me! All comments are moderated, if you don't get a reply that'll be why. You can comment anonymously by hitting that cheeky drop-down-arrow below, so feel free to tell me your naughty secrets...